VOTING BY MAIL
If you are eligible to vote by mail, skip the line. Don’t put yourself or someone else at risk.
Applications for the March 1st Primary can be submitted beginning January 1, 2022 and expires February 18, 2022.
You are eligible to request an Application for Ballot by mail if you are qualified to Vote in Texas and fall under one of the following reasons:
- 65 years of age or older;
- Disability (as defined in Texas Election Code 82.002(a);
- Expected to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day;
- Expected absence from the county (You may apply for a ballot for one election and its resulting runoff, if your dates of absence from the county include both elections);
- Confinement in Jail or Involuntary Civil Commitment (You may only apply for a ballot for one election and any resulting runoff)
If eligible, download the application, print, sign, and mail to the Val Verde County Clerk’s Office:
Val Verde County Clerk
Val Verde County
Del Rio, Texas 78841-1267
If all voters who are 65 or older would cast mail ballots, it would significantly reduce the line at the polls during the early voting period and on Election Day.
Last day to apply for Ballot By Mail (received :
Friday, February 18, 2022
IF YOU FAX OR EMAIL THE APPLICATION YOU MUST ALSO PHYSICALLY SEND THE ORIGINAL TO THE EARLY VOTING CLERK SO THAT IT IS RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE FOURTH BUSINESS DAY AFTER IT WAS RECEIVED BY FAX OR EMAIL.
Military & Overseas Voters
The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is a form provided by federal law to permit members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Merchant Marines, their dependents, and U.S. citizens abroad to vote early by mail and, if necessary, to temporarily register to vote.
You are eligible to vote early with an FPCA if you are qualified to vote in Texas and one of the following:
* Federal law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States. If you are not one of these voters, you need the regular early voting by mail procedure.
- I am on active duty in the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine or I am an eligible spouse or dependent
- I am a U.S. citizen living outside the country, and I intend to return
- I am a U.S. citizen living outside the country, and my intent to return is uncertain (Federal Ballot Only)
- I am a U.S. citizen living outside the country, and I have never lived in the United States
Please visit Vote Texas for more information about FPCA's.
If you cannot vote by mail, make sure to wear a mask, treat other voters with kindness, even though they might be voting differently than you; and show appreciation for the poll workers, many of whom are older. They are taking great risks to keep democracy running.