CHILDREN'S/YOUNG ADULT PROGRAMS
Summer Programs (June – August)
June 7th - August 6th
SUMMER READING PROGRAM DATES: JUNE 7 - AUGUST 6
Join us for Tails and Tales this summer! The 2021 Summer Reading Program is just around the corner. We will announce weekly events on this page for Kinder - 5th grade students. We will host all live/pre-recorded Story Times on this page throughout the summer. We will also be hosting mini games on this page as well. This page will become private once the summer program begins. Please don't forget to share with your family and friends!
Give the kids a challenge this summer and keep them READING! Registration begins on Monday, June 7, 2021, for kids going into Kinder - 5th grade. Limited to 100 participants for this challenge.
Read 25 books = (1) Prize bag
Read 50 books = (1) Entry for Kindle Fire
NOTE: This event is separate from all other children's summer events. You do not have to register in order to participate in the following: crafts, mini-games, and Story Time. Keep an eye out for more information to be announced.
Young Adult Program
Come join us for our YA Summer Reading Program: Tails & Tales!
Registration will start June 7th, and the program will officially start June 14th.
For the safety of our patrons, we will be conducting our Summer Reading Program either through curbside pickup or online activities. The Reading Log will be available June 7th (spots are limited) through Curbside. All Prizes earned will be available during craft pick up times. When submitting a completed activity please provide a name, e-mail, and phone number. Look for updates and changes here on our county website, and become a member of our Teen Facebook Group Page: Check us out @ the Val Verde County Library. For more information please contact Mrs. Vazquez @ (830) 774-7595 ext. 1906 or firstname.lastname@example.org
September – May 1st,3rd, and 4th Thursday of the month
June – August Every Thursday
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Whats for Lunch? is Val Verde County Library’s program for adult patrons and the public. Enjoy book discussions, presentations by authors, and a variety of other programs.
Location: Large Conference Room
Essentrics Gentle Stretch Class (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all classes are cancelled until further notice.)
Essentrics Gentle Stretch is a slower paced workout aimed at regaining your mobility while slowly building strength and reawakening the power of your muscles. Participants will work out in bare feet to help with stability to ensure even your feet get a workout! This class is ideal for men and women of all ages who are looking for a gentle, slow tempo class. Wear comfortable clothes, grab your yoga mat and water, and join us.
Location: Large Conference Room
1st Thursday Book Club (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, 1st Thursday Book Club will meet via Zoom. Registration is required.)
Our book club covers a wide variety of literary tastes.
Upcoming 1st Thursday Book Club selections:
- January: “The Book of Lost Friends” by Lisa Wingate
- February: “A Lady’s Guide to Etiquette and Murder” by Dianne Freeman (also available on hoopla)
- March: “The Scent Keeper” by Erica Baurermeister (also available on hoopla)
- April: “Autism in Heels” by Jennifer Cooke O’Toole (also available on hoopla)
- May: “The Splendid and the Vile” by Erik Larson
- June: “An American Marriage” by Tayari Jones (also available on hoopla)
- July: “Of Literature & Lattes” by Katherine Reay (also available on hoopla)
- August: "The Orphan Collector” by Ellen Marie Wiseman (also available on hoopla)
- September: "American Dirt” by Jeanine Cummins
- October: "The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper” by Hallie Rubenhold (also available on hoopla)
- November: "The Fifth Avenue Story Society” by Rachel Hauck (also available on hoopla)
- December: "Miss Cecily’s Recipes for Exceptional Ladies” by Vicky Zimmerman (also available on hoopla)
Join our Facebook group, Shelf Indulgence at the VVCL, for more information about 1st Thursday Book Club and other library news.
Fiber Arts (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Fiber Arts is cancelled until further notice.)
For more information on Adult programming please contact Ms. Galvan