For the safety of our patrons and staff, we have decided to suspend curbside book checkout services as of today, Friday, March 27, 2020. If you've been called to pick up your reserves, please pick them up by 5:45 pm today. If you've missed today's pick up window, you will be able to pick them up between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Any reserves not picked up after Sunday, March 29th, will be held until it is deemed safe to resume curbside services. In the meantime, our patrons will still have access to hoopla, our digital lending library, and our electronic resources on our online catalog.
You may sign up online for a Library card here: https://valverde.biblionix.com/?signup=1
- Inter Library Loan
- 1 Fax machine
- 8 Bilingual Children's Educational Computers
- 2 Copy Machines - B&W/Color
- 16 Public Internet Computers
- Public Scanner (Email & USB)
- Free WiFi
How to Get a Library Card:
- Val Verde County residents, 18 years of age or older, must show a valid Texas Driver's License, a Texas ID, Military ID from Laughlin Air Force Base, or a utility bill (light, water, gas) or rent receipt showing a Val Verde County address (physical and/or PO Box) along with a photo ID to receive a Resident VVCL card. A first time applicant is able to receive their card for free; a replacement is $1.00.
- Children of Val Verde County residents, 3 years of age or older, must have a parent or guardian apply and sign for a Resident Child VVCL card; a parent or guardian must apply and sign for the card and assume responsibility for all library materials borrowed by the child.
- Non-resident applicants are able to receive a library card at a $5.00 charge to help ensure proper library usage. Any non-resident applicant must provide a current driver's license, or a state ID. If a non-resident applicant is staying in Val Verde County for a short period of time (Winter Texan, etc.), the applicant must also provide the address they are currently staying at, and also their out of county address.
Circulation Policies :
- Adults - 12 library materials including 5 DVD's
- Young Adults -(6th-12th Grade) 8 library materials including 5 DVD's
- Children - (3 years - 5th grade) 5 library materials including 5 DVD's
- Print materials due in 3 weeks
- Audio books due in 3 weeks
- DVDs due in 7 days
For more information, please call us at (830) 774-7595,
or send us an e-mail us at email@example.com