The Health Department of Val Verde County offers a wide range of services to its citizens. New comers to our area will find some of these services unique since they apply only to a county within 100 miles of an International Border.
Listed below are some of the services provided by our department:
- Building and Sign Permits – Required in the Amistad and land use area only
- Certificates of Compliance – Required by power companies prior to connecting electrical serves
- Enforcement of general health violations, such as lots with tall grass/weeds, junk vehicles, dilapidated structures, etc
- Plat review and information regarding subdividing of land
- Requirements and permitting of food serving establishments (Restaurants, Mobile Units, Grocery Stores and Convenience Stores)
While these are not all the services we offer, they are some of the most frequently requested. Our goal is to serve you, the citizens of Val Verde County as expediently as possible.